Take the Amtrak Downeaster
from Boston to Freeport!
Why take the train?
Relax and enjoy a scenic 3 hour train ride from Boston to Freeport on the Amtrak Downeaster. No traffic, no tolls, no problem! Snowy days need not be a concern when you’re comfy on the train enjoying tea, conversation and reading a book or playing Words with Friends. Watch a movie on your iPad. See the sights from the comfort of the train. No waiting in traffic at the toll booths.
- It’s a quick, 7 minute walk from the station to the inn.
- If you are leaving on the early morning train we will provide you with a breakfast to go. (24 hour notice required.)
- Arriving on the noon train? No problem – leave your bags with us and head out for shopping and lunch. Check in later on in the afternoon.
- If you’re scheduled to leave on the 6 PM train, we’ll hold your suitcases here after our 11 AM check out time.
- Please be sure to let us know you are taking the train so someone will be here to let you in to drop off your luggage.
- There is overhead storage on the train for a carry-on bags only. Please be sure to have a valid photo ID to board the train.
Totally a public transport person? There is now a bus in Freeport to take you to downtown Portland. Bus service runs 9 times/day from in front of LL Bean and other in-town locations to stops across Portland. (Get a transfer to continue on to South Portland.) Look for the Breez signs. Breez and Metro Portland schedule. Several stops close to Old Port. Bus terminus at the Amtrak Downeaster Portland hub and Concord bus line hub. (Close to Thompson’s Point, State Theatre’s outdoor venue, and Cellardoor Winery’s new Portland location.)
Staying for awhile? Need a car? Check with local car rental company Lee Auto. They will deliver the car here to you. 207-729-3358. Rates from $45/day.