A Day in Freeport walking on the wild side.
Freeport, as a lot of guests know, is the home of outlet shopping in Maine. What a lot of folks don’t know is Freeport has another side, a wild side, where you can hike, kayak on the bay, learn how to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard), have a picnic on the shore and catch a view of Mount Washington (75 miles away, as the crow flies).
We’ve got your ‘wild’ Day in Freeport adventure planned out for you. First, a hearty breakfast to keep you going during the day. Then, use your LL Bean gift card to head out on a 90 minute guided kayaking lesson or learn how to SUP. Come back into town, pick up a picnic lunch at one of the great sandwich shops and take your park pass to Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park for lunch and a hike around the shore looking for osprey, bald eagles, and the occasional harbor seal. Relax over a delightful dinner in downtown then see a movie at Nordica Theater. A full day of adventure, all planned and mostly in walking distance. (You do need your car to get to Wolfe’s Neck Woods. If you’ve arrived by train, AB Cab will be happy to drive you to and from the park. About $15 each way.)
There’s lots more to do and see in Freeport, but this 2 night adventure gives you a good taste of the wild side.
Here’s what you get in your Day in Freeport package:
- 2 nights in your choice of room (see chart below for pricing)
- Breakfast each morning
- Afternoon refreshments, including our 24 hour coffee and tea bar
- An LL Bean gift card good for 2 adult adventures – kayaking, SUP, skeet shooting, or a fly fishing lesson
- A $75 gift card for dinner in town (your choice of restaurant)
- 2 adult admission tickets to Nordica Movie Theater
- A single use car pass to any Maine State Park (does not include Baxter) – use at Wolfe’s Neck Woods or Bradbury Mountain for your Freeport adventure.
- A welcome gift for 2 of Wicked Whoopie pies and Moxie
This year’s prices:
|Room Name||Bed Type||En Suite |
June - October
*Bathroom is across the hall. Bathrobes provided, door is locked and you have the key.
Call today to reserve your Day in Freeport adventure getaway. 207-865-9099