Arrival and Departure:
- Check-in is from 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Check-out is at or before 11 AM.
Deposits & Payments:
- For reservations of more than one night a deposit of $100, per room reserved, will be taken at the time the reservation is made. For single night reservations, the full amount of the stay will be charged. If you are splitting the tab with another guest, let us know when you make the reservation. Please provide all of the credit card numbers to be charged.
- Reservations require a credit card.
- Cash is our preferred method of payment but we do accept Visa, Mastercard and AmEx. (If you wish to pay by cash, let us know at time of reservation.)
- Payment in full is due on arrival.
- Cancellations must be received via phone call, not email, at least 7 days prior to arrival date to receive a refund on your deposit.
- There is a $25 cancellation fee regardless when the cancellation is received.
- There are no refunds for cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice. This includes arriving late or leaving early.
- No-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged for the entire stay.
Exceptions to the 7 day cancellation period are whole house and multiple room (3 or more rooms) reservations. For these there is a 30 day cancellation period.
As we have no control over weather, family situations, guest illnesses, airline delays or flight cancellations, etc our cancellation policies apply equally under those circumstances. Please consider travel insurance if your plans are uncertain.
Breakfast is the best part of the morning! Let us know when you reserve your room if you have food allergies so we may work with you to prepare a healthy, delicious breakfast you will enjoy. We do our best to accommodate guests with food allergies or restrictions on pork or shellfish.
In the event we cannot accommodate your particular allergy or restriction we have cereals, yogurt, granola and whole wheat toast.
A guest refrigerator/freezer is available for storing items which need to remain cold. There is also a microwave for reheating. However, there is no access to a kitchen for cooking.
Breakfast is served from 8 – 9:30 AM.
We regret we are no longer taking new pet families. If you have stayed here previously with your dog, please call us for more information.
Smoking: We are a non-smoking inn. Smoking is allowed outside the building only. We appreciate your cooperation! Fees for extra cleaning or repairs and revenue losses due to smoking in the building will be charged to your credit card. Maine state regulations require guests to be 20’+ away from the building for the purpose of smoking.
Children are welcome here at White Cedar Inn. However, there are no childcare facilities or baby gear such as cribs or high chairs on the premises. Children under the age of 16 must remain with you at all times. We recommend the following rooms for guests with young children: The Bowdoin and The Crow’s Nest. Both rooms offer families a bit more privacy as they are located away from the other rooms. These are the only rooms with two beds. To provide all guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay we do not have or allow cots, rollaways or sleeping bags.