we’ve been apart for too long!
A Maine Staycation is the perfect way to gather your family from the far corners of Maine and meet together in Freeport in the month of June. Rediscover the wonderful state in which we live. We’re opening the B&B up for the month of June as a self-catering vacation getaway.
How does this work? We are designating 5 of the B&B’s rooms as a family getaway space. You will have 5 guest rooms, 5 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, porch, patio, and grounds in which to gather your family and friends.
(We will still be onsite in our own apartment, but will not interact with you unless there is an emergency.)
What is ‘self-catering’?
In a self-catered rental we provide you with ‘starter’ amounts of coffee, tea, sugar, milk, toilet paper, soap, and shampoo. You bring the rest. You can use the B&B kitchen to cook your meals or get take out everyday. Up to you!
The beds are all made, there are towels in the bathroom. If you like lots of towels or want to change the sheets everyday, you’ll need to bring those from home.
The kitchen has a Keurig, hot water kettle, 2 microwaves, 2 fridges (one small, one larger), gas stove, dishwasher, and toaster. There are dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans. (It is not a fully-stocked kitchen as we use it only for breakfast when the B&B is open.)
Which rooms are included?
For the Main Street House rental you have the following rooms:
- Chart — queen bed, first floor
- Casco Bay — king bed, first floor
- Fogg — king bed, second floor
- Capt Dan — queen bed, second floor
- Lillian — queen bed, second floor
Each room sleeps two guests. Children count as guests. Maximum number of guests allowed is 10. Click on the room name to go to the description. This is the room layout plan.
What is there to do in Freeport?
Winslow Park, Wolfe’s Neck Farm, and Freeport Conservation Trails are all open. (You may need a mask, please bring them along for everyone.)
The Harraseeket Lunch & Lobster, Tuscan Bistro, and Petrillos are all open for take out. (This may be expanded to dine-in, we’re still waiting for opening dates.) Coffee by Design is open for take-out. Bow Street Market is open for groceries. Wanderlust Juicery has smoothies to go.
How does this work?
Good question! It’s new for us, too. Because we are not able to accept out-of-state guests for the month of June, and we still have to pay all of our bills, we are giving this a try to see how it works out. We are renting the front part of the building (we live in the back) in 5-day segments. (The other days we need to deep clean.)
To keep the price manageable for guests who may have been underemployed for the past few months, we are not serving breakfast or cleaning rooms everyday as we usually do for summer tourists.
The rate for the 5-night stay is $2995 which includes the tax and cleaning fee. There is a $500 refundable damage deposit due at the time the reservation is made, as well as a $500 deposit to hold the reservation.
The person making the reservation will need to sign a rental agreement that lays out the restrictions (see below).
- Non-smoking building — no smoking, candles, open fires, or vaping. Smoking is allowed 25 feet away from the building. Please leave butts in your car or drop in the stone wall at the end of the driveway.
- Limit 10 guests in building. Children (including babies) count as guests.
- Guests are asked to stay out of areas that are locked or have ‘Private’ signs. (Some kitchen cabinets are locked — they have our B&B equipment in them.)
- ALL guests must be Maine residents who have been following the CDC guidelines. If masks are required in local stores, you will need to provide your own.
- If any guests arrive who are from out of state, everyone will have to leave. No refunds.
- Owners are on site and will be available in emergencies. (We’ll also pick up the mail everyday from the porch.)
- No laundry facilities.
- Arrival time: after 3 PM
- Departure time: at or before 11 AM
- $500 refundable damage deposit due when reservation is made. Rental agreement must be signed.
- $500 deposit due at time of reservation to hold room. Deposit refundable, less $25 cancellation fee, if cancellation is received 14 days prior to arrival date. No refunds inside the 14 days unless, due to new state regulations, we are not able to host guests.
We may need to change this up as more info becomes available. When you leave we will thoroughly clean the premises for the next guests, airing out the rooms, and sanitizing surfaces. You will receive the damage deposit back if there is no damage.
Give us a call to reserve your Maine staycation getaway in June! 207-865-9099