Capt Dan’s – Bright, sunny queen guest room with private, en suite bathroom on second floor.
- Queen bed
- Flat screen TV, satellite
- Comfy chair with reading lamp
- Private, en suite bathroom with shower
- Bath amenities include fluffy towels, make-up removing wipes, Gilchrist and Soames shampoo and a hair dryer
- Alarm clock
- 2 large windows
- Individual room heat and A/C controls
- 2nd floor, middle of the house. View inn floor plan.
- Combine with the Crow’s Nest for extra space
- More info and policies…
2 guest maximum. Children count as guests.
This sunny queen guest room was once the boyhood retreat of Rear Admiral Donald MacMillan. Around Freeport he was known as ‘Capt Dan’ as he made his way up the ranks, sailing on Casco Bay, going to the North Pole with Robert Peary and walking from Freeport to Brunswick to attend Bowdoin College. The Captain was known to stop local schoolchildren in the street and regale them with his tales of the Great North.
Decorated in relaxing, spring-like greens with sepia-toned sailing photos on the walls. Wake to the sound of birds in the trees outside your window.
This year’s rates-
|Capt Dan||Gone fishin'||140-170||179-219||155-175|
Rates from $140 to $219 plus 9% lodging tax.
Please note: the best prices, availability and selection are available by booking directly from this website or by calling us in person. Use any one of the ‘Make a Reservation’ buttons to make your selection. Reservations made through a third party do not get the choice of room.
We made a little excursion to Popham Beach at low tide and walked out to the Fox Islands. Thanks for the hospitality. – Milo, ME