Arrival and Departure:
- Arrival time is from 3 PM to 7 PM. (A self check-in after 7 PM is available. Just let us know you’ll be arriving late.)
- Departure time is at or before 11 AM.
- Amtrak Downeaster guests: If you are arriving on the early train, please let us know at the time you make your reservation so someone is here to store your suitcase until 3 PM. Otherwise we will be out running errands!
- If your flight arrives early morning, please also reserve your room for the night before so you can arrive before stated times and your room will be ready.
- Can’t stay 2 nights, but need an early check-in for an event? Please call to schedule an early arrival (between noon and 3 PM) for an additional $50. This must be paid at the time of reservation so staffing can be arranged. No refunds.
Deposits & Payments:
- A deposit of $100, per room reserved, will be taken at the time the reservation is made.
- Reservations require a valid credit card.
- Payment in full is due on arrival.
- Cancellations must be received via phone call, not email, at least 7 days prior to arrival date to receive a refund on your deposit.
- There is a $25 cancellation fee, per room reserved.
- There are no refunds for cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice. This includes arriving late or leaving early.
- No-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged for the entire stay.
- You will receive a cancellation confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation your reservation has not been cancelled and you will be responsible for the entire stay. Please call us if you do not receive the confirmation after cancelling.
Exceptions to the 7 day cancellation period are whole house and multiple room (3 or more rooms) reservations. For these there is a 30 day cancellation period.
As we have no control over weather, family situations, guest illnesses, airline delays or flight cancellations, etc our cancellation policies apply equally under those circumstances. Please consider travel insurance if your plans are uncertain.
Breakfast is the best part of the morning! Let us know when you reserve your room if you have food allergies so we may work with you to prepare a healthy, delicious breakfast you will enjoy. We do our best to accommodate guests with food allergies or restrictions on pork or shellfish.
In the event we cannot accommodate your particular allergy or restriction we have cereals, yogurt, granola and whole wheat toast.
A guest refrigerator/freezer is available for storing items which need to remain cold. There is also a microwave for reheating. However, there is no access to a kitchen for cooking.
Breakfast is served from 8 – 9:30 AM.
We regret we are no longer taking new pet families. If you have stayed here previously with your dog, please call us for more information.
Smoking: We are a non-smoking inn. Smoking is allowed at the end of the driveway. We appreciate your cooperation! Fees for extra cleaning or repairs and revenue losses due to smoking in the building will be charged to your credit card. Maine state regulations require guests to be 20’+ away from the building for the purpose of smoking. e-Cigs count as smoking.
Children are welcome here at White Cedar Inn. However, there are no childcare facilities or baby gear such as cribs or high chairs on the premises. Children under the age of 16 must remain with you at all times. We recommend the following rooms for guests with young children: The Bowdoin and The Crow’s Nest. Both rooms offer families a bit more privacy as they are located away from the other rooms. These are the only rooms with two beds. To provide all guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay we do not have or allow cots, rollaways or sleeping bags. Please note all other rooms have a strict 2 guest maximum, including babies and toddlers who may share the bed.