Read about White Cedar Inn in the news!
Some newspaper articles and online travel posts written about, and commendations received by, White Cedar Inn over the years:
- Newsday recommends White Cedar Inn in their Summer Vacation Guide, July, 2018: Where to Travel for Your Summer Food Favorites.
- Yankee Magazine recommends White Cedar Inn in their 2017 Ultimate Guide to Freeport, Maine.
- Northern Forecaster Voted Best of the Best 2017 in the Freeport lodging category.
- USA Today recommends White Cedar Inn for Babymoon travel. Ashley May wrote an article for USA Today citing places for pregnant couples to vacation. This story highlights vacation and Babymoon locations in the Northeast US.
- Popsugar Moms blog recommends White Cedar Inn as one of ten locations for an affordable Babymoon! Check out the whole story here.
- Family Travel Forum recommends White Cedar Inn! Travel blogger Allison Tibaldi visited in July, 2015. Here’s her report.
- TripAdvisor awards White Cedar Inn the 5-year Certificate of Excellence in June, 2017 for consistently pleasing travelers from near and far: 2011 – 2017. (Fifth year in a row for the 5 year certificate! 2009 – 2013, 2010 – 2014, 2011 – 2015, 2012 – 2016, 2013 – 2017.) Thank you to all our wonderful guests for writing the reviews.
- Boston Globe Living Section – One Tank Trips – 2014 – ‘Boyhood home of Donald MacMillan is a B&B in Freeport where you can stay…” Full article here.
- Boston Globe Travel section article on Freeport. White Cedar Inn mentioned as a place to stay! Read the article here.
- Lonely Planet Guide recommends White Cedar Inn in the 2013 guidebook.
- The Bangor Daily News reports on White Cedar Inn’s 2010 participation in the B&B’s for Vets Program. Read the article here.
- White Cedar Inn receives TripAdvisor’s Excellence Certificate– 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. With a 98% reviewer approval rating and 5 stars, White Cedar Inn was commended by TripAdvisor for offering accommodations their guests were enthusiastically reviewing online. (Certificate on display on our ‘Wall of Fame’.)
- Boston Globe One Tank Trips– December 2009- “Freeport is way more than shopping…” article includes Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary and more non-shopping adventures. And has White Cedar Inn as a place to stay! (Link no longer available.)
- “That has got to be the number one thing we tell people to go and do, and they come back and say, ‘Unbelievable.’” What is it that we tell guests they have to try? Read the article in Down East here.
- Martha Stewart Radio highlights White Cedar Inn for late summer lobster getaways. On August 15, 2008, Martha Stewart Radio’s ‘Living Today’ program focused on end of summer getaways, listing Freeport, Maine as the quintessential town for lobster and White Cedar Inn as their lodging pick. MSR is heard on Sirius Satellite Radio.
- Mentioned in the December-January, 2007 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray for an Off-Season Weekend Getaway…Azure Cafe, Cold River Vodka, LL Bean and White Cedar Inn! (See article posted in the dining room.)
- Mentioned in the Dec 2006 issue of Down East magazine for Freeport’s Secret Shops and find the smaller, independent shops of Freeport and lodging at White Cedar Inn!
- Also, check out our visitor comments from our guest books. These notes from our guests make us smile!