The impact of COVID-19 is widespread. As more information becomes available, we are following the new recommendations from the Maine CDC as well as HospitalityMaine for the best way to make your stay comfortable and relaxing.
We want to maintain the health and safety of both you and ourselves. To do that, the following changes to our policies are in effect, in alignment with best practices from the Maine CDC.
Travel in Maine:
As of July 3, guests from all states may travel in Maine by complying with the following — all guests 18 and older from states other than ME, MA, VT, NH, NY, NJ, and CT must have a negative COVID test within 72 hours before arrival in Maine. Guests will need to sign a compliance form at or before check-in stating all members of their party 18 and older have had a negative test and no one is presently showing any signs of COVID-related illness.
The forms will be kept for 30 days to allow contact tracing in the event anyone in the party shows symptoms.
- All guests and staff must wear a face covering upon entering the building and when in close proximity to guests and staff. Face coverings are not required for you in your room or at breakfast, but are required when seated in common areas if others are present. (We wear face coverings to serve breakfast.) Face coverings are required in stores in town, so please bring yours with you.
- There are now only two tables in the dining room giving everyone more space to move around. There is outdoor dining at the picnic table by the entry door and on the patio. You may also sit at the table in the living room. In the event of rain, we’ll ask you to select a time to eat breakfast or take a to go breakfast back to your room.
- If you are traveling as a group, we can pull the tables together for you.
- The Maine CDC requires we use disposables where relevant. To comply, we removed all the tablecloths and Trivia cards. When it is safe to bring these items back we will. Tables are sanitized between usage and we set them up after you are seated.
- When using the coffee set up, please wash your hands before exiting your room. There is also a sanitizer station set up in the dining room.
- If sitting in the living room to use the computer or watch TV or just hang out, please wear your face covering.
- To ease congestion at check-in time, we are charging the full payment the morning of your arrival on the card you gave us when you made the reservation.
- There is a sanitizer station in the dining room, please use it on entering the building.
- We understand things are uncertain. If you are feeling sick, please stay home. If your flight is cancelled, let us know. If we have taken a deposit, we will refund it. We ask you give us as much notice as you can.
Daily room cleaning:
- To minimize the possible spread of the virus, we are no longer doing daily room cleaning. If you want more towels, just ask! If the trash is piled up, please bring the bag to the kitchen for disposal. (There are more bags in the bottom of the trash can.)
- Because of new recommendations from the state, decorative items are no longer in the rooms. (Throw pillows, maps, magazines.)
- The room books with all the places to go and things to see are condensed into a single page with QR codes to take you directly to the appropriate webpages on our site. Find the WiFi password on this page as well.
- We recommend leaving windows open when possible and using the A/C only when necessary. Fresh air is your friend!
- Unoccupied rooms are now locked to keep them clean between guests.
- In keeping with state requirements, beds are made up with triple sheeting. Beds are made with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, summer weight duvet or blanket, with an additional top sheet to make an envelope. Other than the goose down duvets, all bedding is removed and sanitized between guests.
- Maine offers certifications in proper cleaning and food service as it relates to the COVID-19 virus. We are certified in these areas.
Updates to these changes:
- As more information from the state is available these policies are subject to change.
A request from us:
We ask for your patience as we (re)learn how to best serve you. We are following recommendations to keep both us and yourselves safe. You may not believe these recommendations are valid, you might think the whole thing is a hoax, you may believe it is infringing on your rights to be asked to wear a mask to protect those around you. Please respect our choice to follow the guidelines the Maine CDC provided to us. If you cannot, in good faith, agree to these guidelines, let us help you find another place to stay. Thank you, Monica & Rock